Thursday, June 5, 2008

What the heck is THAT - It's like nature man, part 2


I was home with Cooper again today. We went to the doctor, got a new antibiotic, which you only have to take once a day for 5 days, as opposed to the other one that you take twice a day for 10 days. Here is my thought - kids don't generally take medicine well to begin with. Why would we opt for the one you have to take twice as much for twice as long???

He did get hives again today, but the benadryl seems to help with that. I don't know how long it takes for the penicillin to leave his system.

In addition to this, mommy began feeling like poop this afternoon. Oh yeah, I am catching the disease. Aches, clogged throat. I was freezing too. Great. While hanging out on the couch watching endless amounts of kids TV (Cooper was awake, I don't watch that stuff on my own) we saw this GIGANTIC bird swoop by, and then land on the roof of the house across the street. I managed to get a picture of it. It was a turkey vulture. I know because we saw one the other weekend when we were at Drumlin Farm. I was paying attention! Anyway, he, or she, was easily the largest flying bird I have seen up close. With maybe the exception of turkeys themselves. But they don't fly very well. We see wild turkeys around here all the time, and once, while walking the dogs, we had one swoop by and land in a tree. But they don't fly like this guy did. He swooped away a few minutes later, into the back yard of the house behind this house. I don't want to know what it might be finding to eat.

I would like to think tomorrow I will feel better, but it is unlikely. I get Fridays off during the summer, and tomorrow is the first one. Great. I can lounge on the couch and feel like crap. I am supposed to take Buster to the vet to get blood drawn and his anal glands cleaned out. Okay, that was TMI of the first order, but can I say that I didn't even know this could be a problem for dogs? I grew up with dogs, but until I had this beagle and my schnauzers, I didn't know that anal glands existed or that they can get clogged in dogs. It is GROSS and DISGUSTING. Take my word for it.

And I am supposed to have lunch with the crazy Russian and my friend whose wedding reception was this past weekend. We shall see. More tea and early to bed.

No comments: