Friday, June 6, 2008

Lights, camera, action!


I wanted to put a video on this blog but can't figure out how. I will have to work on that. I introduced Cooper to his booster seat for the first time today. He likes sitting at the table like a grown up. But his eating habits are MESSY and I need to figure out how to have him eat our only table, the dining room table, without destroying it. This house does not have an eat in kitchen. Cooper is still having some hives. The doctor's office says it can take a few days for the first antibiotic to leave his system completely. As long as it isn't the new antibiotic. If my kid is one of those people who can't use any antibiotic I don't know what we would do. Rub him down in garlic and make him eat a clove a day? Allergic reactions are such a crazy thing. You just don't know they are there until they are, and they can be deadly. I am still feeling like crap. I did go to lunch with the crazy Russian and my other friend. The Russian managed to wait until the end of our time together before she mentioned my weight, AGAIN. She did say this time though that she thinks I look like I have lost weight. Which I have. Whatever. She is the one obsessed with losing weight. She is trying to fast once a week now. That will last a month at best. She is almost 70 years old. Why bother? Enjoy life. None of us knows how long we have on this planet, I don't want to waste too much of that time being miserable worrying about food and my weight. I want to eat good food and enjoy being with family and friends. And napping. I need one. Soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use a flannel backed vinyl tablecloth, with a cotton table pad underneath for extra padding. That combination has saved my pretty oak table. I put a cheap red checkered picnic table cloth on the floor underneath my son's chair to protect the wood floor.

-- Another late to motherhood mommy

Audubon Ron said...

Cooper is a cute kid. What’s up with the Russian?

As far as my type. I suppose I do have a type, blonde Jewish mama. But my wife is a red-haired Irish/Russian. Yes, very odd. I’m like Solomon, I like all women. But, I can only love one. If my Irish/Russian found out I was loving another, she’d drop a bowling ball on my head while I was sleeping. You do know the Living Brightly post was written tongue and cheek. The poor girl that did those has three others and they are way over the top in the perky category, but on the other hand, I liked the positive message.

mkosboth said...

Anonymous - thanks for the tip! We will try it out. Audubon Ron - the crazy Russian is just that - crazy and Russian. The accent and flair for the dramatic, it's all there. Why she is obsessed with my weight I do not know. Dr. Freud, calling Dr. Freud...and yes, I do get that you have a highly developed sense of sarcasm. Not a bad thing!