Monday, January 25, 2010

That sound you hear is my fingers, tapping on the table.

We are currently watching and waiting to see if the $2100 sump pump system we had installed two summers ago, during the Great Flood of 2008, is going to keep up with the torrential downpours we are experiencing. What with the three feet of snow that was in our back yard, and the rain falling on top of it now, it only makes sense that the Pit of Despair would be filling with water.

The Bob has reported in that it appears to be keeping up so far. I would like to sleep through the night without waking every hour from dreams that my basement is full of water and my furnace has shut down, so I hope it stops raining before bedtime.

In other news, I would like to sign Cooper up for gymnastics. Did you know how EXPENSIVE gymnastics classes are, even for toddlers who probably spend most of the time trying to do a somersault (and did you know how hard it is to SPELL somersault without using spell check? Impossible)? In this area, for a 20 week, once a week, session it is close to $500. Seriously. I think it would be a great outlet for him on Saturday mornings, and would help to improve his coordination and balance. He already acts like our living room furniture is a jungle gym. He is VERY strong, and has core strength I can only dream about. Since he was really small but able to sit up he has done the equivalent of baby yoga and baby Pilate's moves. I think it would be good for him, although the idea of getting him to gymnastics for an 8:30am class on a Saturday makes me a little dizzy. But since usually we have been up for 2 hours by that time with him, so why not go to gymnastics.

So who wants to sponsor a future Olympian in gymnastics? I will even put some sponsorship emblems on a sweatshirt for him with your logo or name.

2 comments:

Chip said...

His core is not subject to the power of the various points of leverage your average adult manages to inflict on themselves... or the dude is only core. He's still tiny.

And we're sadly accumulating more damage than our bodies will every fix. Well, I am. Friggin ankle is still screwed up. So much for having a live in PT being helpful... bah.

Sam said...

That's super expensive. I love toddler gymnastics and it is one of the things I have been looking forward to with Egg. But that's a little rich for my blood! Good luck.

Now I'm imagining Sam's Stories on a toddler gymnast. And teh horrors when some unsuspecting mommy visits my blog.