Sunday, January 24, 2010

A new venture

Well, I decided to launch another blog. This one is about that which I spend nearly 80% of my life doing, financial aid. Ask The Financial Aid Expert. I feel slightly pretentious referring to myself as an expert, but I think after 20 years of doing anything, a person is probably an expert in that field.

I have no idea if this new blog will find an audience, but after doing a little poking around, I didn't find one that was well written, by a professional in the field, that wasn't specifically geared toward the students at a particular college. So I went for it.

If you read this blog and know anyone who could use the info offered in my new one, please share the URL with them.

In other news, I have a cold. But I will live. Cooper is considering giving up his afternoon nap, and I am considering selling him to the gypsies. That nap is my sanity on weekends! Granted, it does limit our lives to a certain extent, being locked into a 2 - 3 hour window of sleeping, but it is soooo nice to have that down time to do what we need to without having to run interference with him too. And I think he still needs it. But it was bound to happen eventually. The last three days we have met a lot of resistance to it, but eventually he settles down and sleeps.

And despite my cold I went over to Harvey's house this morning to rehearse some songs for this semester's jazz group. Harvey is the "band leader" if you will of the group. He is a professional musician, and teaches music out of his home as well as through the college. My new favorite song is I've Got the World On a String, which we will sing this semester. FUN!

1 comment:

Dproudmama said...

Can I take someone with a clown nose seriously? Hmmm. Happy advising.