Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Seriously, I should not be allowed out in the world

So today has been fun. It started last night when Cooper finally developed a fever and a fabulous cough that was so bad it made him gag and oh so unhappy. And then he woke up at 4am, for the third day in a row. Wheee. Bob got up with him so I could get a few more hours sleep since I HAD to be at work to deal with all the students who were returning today for spring term. The ones who had no paid their bills and needed more aid. FUN.

I called the doctor's office at 9am promptly, and they saw him and he has strep. Yippee for antibiotics.

In the meantime, I managed to email all of my personally identifiable information to all of the staff and facutly at the college when I sent an email out about hiring work study students and the forms they needed the students to complete. I attached what should have been a blank copy of a W4 but was in fact the one I completed for our HR department earlier this year and had all my info on it. Like my SSN and name and birthdate etc. AWESOME. The IT department is trying to pull it back, but it isn't 100% foolproof.

Sleep deprivation is evil.

Today is the special election in MA to fill the senate seat vacated by the late Ted Kennedy. It is a tight race. I can't decide where I fall on this honestly. There are pros and cons to both candidates. I will probably vote for the Democrat. She most closely represents my priorities. Not that my priorities are the best for the nation. But that is how our government works. Voice of the people etc.

In more fun news, Bossy is going on a cross country NOT a book tour. And she is coming to Boston! And she might hang out with moi! She did a cross country tour once before, on her way to the Blogher conference. Should be a good time. I told her she is welcome to stay with us, that we have a nice guest room with a TV and internet access, and that sleeping with a geriatric beagle who is a bed hog and snores like a dragon with adnoid problems is optional. My only concern is Bossy is by trade an interior designer/painter/organizer and minimal living person. My house is minimal in size, but there is work that needs to be done and well, STUFF is my middle name. I have gotten better with the arrival of Cooper, but we do have clutter. One toddler, three dogs and two adults. Clutter happens.

Anyway, here is to sleeping through the night and no one stealing my identity. Sigh.

No comments: