Thursday, January 14, 2010

Delurking day



Today is Delurking Day in the blogosphere. If you visit blogs regularly, but don't comment or otherwise let people know you visit their blogs, today is the day to say HI! and let them know you are there. I personally would love to know if there are people who read this that I don't know about. So if you are here, reading, and don't mind saying hi, please do.

In other news, I am tired of being hit, accidentally, but still hit, in the face by my child. Do other mothers experience this? The random head butt of enthusiasm, the poke in the eye by a stuffed animal being flung about, or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time when a hand is stuck out into space to grab something or push something away. I have been brought to tears twice by a head to the cheekbone. Cooper is a very strong kid, and even in harmless, but very enthusiastic play on the floor with his trucks, or the sudden need to dismount from a cuddle on the couch, my face has been in the way of his head and BA BLAM I am seeing stars and just want to vomit.

This morning was a stuffed animal in the eye. I was changing his diaper and clothes and he decided the guy in his hand should be somewhere else, and TA DA I was in the path of that flying beast. He is only three, so I get that there is a lot to learn about self control and personal boundaries and we work on that all the time. He is very aware when something has happened, and apologizes immediately, but we need to work on the impulsiveness of the actions that lead to mom getting a concussion. I exaggerate a bit.

And finally, Pat Robertson is an idiot. Plain and simple.

Pat Robertsons Haiti comments.

6 comments:

witchypoo said...

My worst hit was a head slam on the nose. Oh, the tears! Does anyone really listen to Pat Robertson?

Audubon Ron said...

Robertson's comment is completely out of place. The Bible also says "Do Not Judge, or you will be judged." We might wait to see what judgement God has in store for Pat.

Chris Cactus said...

Happy Delurking Day!

Jodi Anderson said...

I don't think that I'm delurking so much as just saying hello again. :) I read most days and comment whenever I have a little extra time.

Chip said...

I got a finger up the nose which resulted in much crying and bleeding on my part. I've been hit in places that rally really hurt... the inside of the nasal cavity tops them for mind stopping OW!

And aren't we judging Robertson? Dangit, I went and got self reflexive.

Dproudmama said...

Hi.