Saturday, January 9, 2010

SAVE TED

If you have never watched it, get thee to Hulu or ABC.com and watch Better Off Ted. It is hands down one of the funniest shows that is currently on TV, or has ever been on TV. It has bizarre plots, and quirky characters, a fun sound track and it doesn't hurt AT ALL that Ted is played by the adorable Jay Harrington III originally of Wellesley MA and an alum of Syracuse University, places that are near and dear to my heart (I live near one and several generations of my family have attended the other, you do the math).



As one character noted in a recent episode, he has perfect hair. And smile. Ahem.

Anyway, it is at risk for being cancelled because it only has a measly 4.89 MILLION VIEWERS. If my blog had that many viewers I could retire. Ted needs us. ABC has decided to "burn off" its remaining episodes in a short time period rather than run them at their regular pace. They are doing the same thing with Scrubs, but I would argue that Scrubs has had its time in the sun and since all the original actors have either left or are leaving soon, it isn't what it once was in its glory days.

But Ted has just begun, it deserves a chance to thrive and make me laugh out loud EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. Seriously. I laugh out loud. The two guys working in the lab are hilarious, and Portia De Rossi's Veronica manages to be a soul sucking, deviously maniacal loon with a heart all at the same time.

The whole show is delicious. Just go watch while you still can.

And here is a short clip from a rehearsal of our jazz group from last month. I have nothing from our actual performances, as The Bob did not go to any of them. He brought Cooper to this rehearsal, and you will hear him quite clearly in it. He has good timing.

No comments: