Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh the dread

There is a stomach bug going around on the infant and toddler floor of Cooper's schoool. Oooooh goody. This was one of the top reasons I didn't want to have kids. I hate vomiting and kids are petri dishes. I am not someone who could ever be bulimic, I just HATE throwing up. I don't understand people who say they can make themselves do it. Even when I feel like I want to die, am curled up on the floor of the bathroom, knowing it would feel better if I could just get it out, my body fights it every step of the way.

I was a very lucky person in that I never had one day, not even one minute, of morning sickness when pregnant. I had other issues, but that was not one of them. I could handle not feeling my thumbs or first two fingers on each hand for three months when the pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome kicked in, just keep away with the yakking.

It has been a year since Cooper had a stomach bug. At least that time neither Bob nor I caught it. But you just don't know with this stuff. I don't know how he will be if he gets this again. Listen to me, IF. HA. I guess I will go home and clean the toilets so that they are nice and clean in the event one or all of us is getting up close and personal with them real soon.

And why does it seem that they get more sick at night? Can't a 12 hour bug last from 7 am to 7pm? Why is it from 2am to 2pm? Why do we have to be up in the middle of the night with the yakking and fevers? It is just wrong.

On top of it all, the Bob's mother is coming to visit this weekend. She is a very nice person, I have almost no bad MIL stories to tell. She has her quirks, like she is the slowest person I have ever met, and the Bob agrees. What takes me 30 minutes to accomplish in the bathroom is a 2 hour event for her. But that doesn't mean I would wish on her catching a stomach bug by visiting. We shall see how it goes. She gets on the train to come down Saturday morning. If Cooper is going to get it, I imagine it will be before then.

There I go again, with that overly optimistic IF. Sigh.

No comments: