Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Punk'd out ice cream




Yesterday Cooper's class did two things - they painted and went to eat ice cream at a local establishment. While painting my child decided to make it a full body sensory experience, and apparently took two handfuls of red paint and smushed them into his hair. Which left him with a pink, punk rock hair do. Which matched his choice of ice cream, strawberry.

Prior to this trip Cooper had very little interest in ice cream. Or punk rock hair styles. But it seems that a love of strawberry ice cream is genetic. It is the Bob's favorite.

The other thing I noticed in looking at the pictures the teachers took, is that my kid is HUGE compared to the other kids in his class. This started out as the infant classroom, and they will all transition to Toddler 1 in September. Cooper is 4 months older than the next oldest kid and thus has always seemed bigger, but these last few months of development have been crazy. He is a little boy now, not a baby at all. I am not sad about this. I loved him being all cuddly and a baby, but I am so enjoying engaging with him, seeing his consciousness and intelligence in action. And he cracks me up on a daily basis. I didn't expect to have children, but it is totally worth it just for the laughs. And kisses. He has begun giving the sweetest little wet kisses and it just melts my heart.

No comments: