Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rudolph, he's not just for Christmas anymore.


Cooper has a Rudolph that the Bob "made" for him at the Build a Bear store for Christmas last year. He LOVES this Rudolph. It has a button that makes the nose light up and it plays the Rudolph song. Just music, no words. But that is bad enough. Endlessly, Cooper plays the song. At least now he knows how to push the button himself. He used to demand one of us push the button.

In other news, there is no other news. The pit and sump pump are getting addressed on Thursday. Bob said he could be here for this, I said NO I WILL HANDLE THIS. They didn't even try to discuss the cost that might be associated with this adjustment to their system. They probably got the big heads up from the guy who came out to see the situation last week. Don't try to even talk about charging this lady, her basement freaking flooded and they lost a treadmill.

The treadmill. Sigh. I have been on a campaign to lose weight. I was probably 20lbs over what I should have been when I got pregnant. Getting pregnant over the age of 40 kicks your ASS. I have been easily 50lbs overweight ever since Cooper was born. I have, in the last 2 - 3 months, lost 12 lbs. I am in the next size down in pants. I need to lose at least another 20 lbs. but I am taking this 2 or 5 lbs at a time. If I say I MUST LOSE 20 lbs. I will not. But I honestly don't know how this is going to happen without my beloved treadmill. I am able to walk outside and get my butt moving right now in the way God intended, in the big bad outdoors, but come November I will find the dark and the cold and eventually the SNOW a huge deterrent. So I will need a new treadmill. I seriously cannot afford a new treadmill every 2 years. I want this damn sump pump to WORK so my basement never floods again. I want to get a new treadmill and know it will be in my life for 10 years. Minimum. I also lost an exercise bike. This SUCKS.

You might think joining a gym would be cheaper, but considering I would never go, not really. But I need me my exercise. I can't just diet. My body goes into super famine mode and says HA you think you will lose weight by reducing calories? We will stop burning them off then. HA. So I have to force it to work harder, burn it off.

I am taking donations for a new treadmill. Sigh.

No comments: