Friday, September 25, 2009

Rather than advertise...

Awhile ago I stopped showing ads on this blog. It was taking up space and not getting me much for the effort. Blogher is great and all, but since no one was clicking through on the ads, I wasn't making any money.

Which is fine. I recently signed up for this other thing though that is kind of cool.

YouData is an interesting site that allows you to get paid to shop. Or browse. You create a user account, fill in a bunch of information and answer questions about yourself, your likes, dislikes, musical tastes, etc, and then they present to you links to participating vendors who match your interests. When you view the vendors' information, you earn money.

It's not a lot of money, you won't be using this to go on that Tahitian vacation you have been dreaming about, but over time it can add up. So far, in the short time I have been doing it, I have earned $3. More than I earned in six months of hosting ads on my blog. Which was $0.

If you click on the link I provided, you can set up your account and wheee I will get a little referral bonus. And then once you are set up, you can refer your friends, and so on and so on.

As more people sign up, and more companies join the fold, there will be more opportunities to get paid for shopping and browsing. Which is win win for everyone.

So go, click on the link and and earn some money for that cup of coffee.

2 comments:

dubiousMa said...

I'm just sitting here this rainy lazy sunday morning trying to figure out what to do about ads on my blog. Adsense, Linkshare, AdBrite....and since I subscribe to you :) I saw this post and will now go check out Youdata. Thanks for info!

Anonymous said...

Will not sign up as we do not receive text messages on our cell phone service. Ah me. thought to change but we get a good price right now. good luck with this.