Sunday, September 27, 2009

How did you spend your Sunday morning?


Well, we have had a BUSY morning so far, and the day isn't even half over.

We got up and went to breakfast at Mel's this morning. This place is great because they are kid friendly, serve you at the speed of sound and costs almost nothing. Thanks to the proceeds from yesterday's yard sale ($65 in total and I only spent $1!) we decided to splurge on breakfast. Cooper was mostly good, and even ate yogurt that was not peach flavored. He is VERY specific about his yogurt, so it was a gamble. I ate a breakfast burrito, which I have never had before. Really, I never have. But it was DELISH. Egg, sausage, hashbrowns all rolled together on a tortilla and with a little spicy sauce. I might have to try this at home.

Then once home again, we proceeded to do the following: read every book about animals in the house, watch the movie Dinosaurs all the way through, have a marching band parade through the house - Cooper was on the drum, I was on all the other rhythm instruments, have a dance party to the Bee Gees and The Beach Boys and then go to the grocery store for eggs and flour so we could bake some zucchini bread and pumpkin bread.

PHEW. Now Cooper is down for a nap and I may be right behind him. It is a gloriously rainy day, perfect for baking and napping. Bob is off trying to sell a condo no one seems interested in although the location is great and it is in great condition.

This could be because of the change in the weather, since it has decided to be fall here in New England, the leaves are turning and there is a cool crispness in the air, but I have this odd feeling that there is something on the horizon. A change. I have NO IDEA what it is, but it is there, lurking. A good change I hope, if it is really coming.

And is it just me, or is it just WEIRD Tom Delay is on Dancing With the Stars? WEIRD. Dancing to Wild Thing. Lip synching to Wild Thing. It is just wrong.

4 comments:

Audubon Ron said...

Here’s hoping to good things lurking.

dubiousMa said...

Hahaha....it's wrong on so many levels. But I think good things are coming your way....if only because you deserve them.

Anonymous said...

You have been reading your horoscope.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, the Tom Delay thing. TWTW....too weird to watch.

Saw your comment on Quinn Cumming's blog. Don't you just love her?

Your little one is a doll....my baby boy (!) just started college this year. How did the years fly by so fast? I miss him. Love yours while you can still him when to nap!!!